Serves 6 (approximately 300ml serving size)
4 propoints per serve
22 propoints in total
500g broccoli florets (0pp)
1 onion, diced (0pp)
50g reduced fat margarine spread (3pp)
50g plain flour (5pp)
2 cups skim milk (4pp)
2 cups salt reduced chicken stock (1pp)
1 carrot, finely grated or processed (0pp)
125g light cheddar cheese - I use Bega Extra Light and Tasty (9pp)
Canola spray (0pp)
1. Steam broccoli until cooked, set aside.
2. Over medium heat lightly spray with oil a large sauce pan.
3. Add onion and cook until translucent.
4. Add margarine, once melted stir in flour and cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
5. Stirring constantly, add milk 1/2 cup at a time until combined and then stir in the chicken stock.
6. Add broccoli and carrot to pot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Stir in cheese until all melted.
8. With a stick blender or processor pulse soup a few times to you get your desired texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.